Session Two: Life in Faith
Life in Faith
Your decision was your first major step in the right direction. On that day you became a Christian, and heaven became your final destination. In this session we will talk about the important daily and weekly steps you need to take to begin to walk and talk with Jesus, and grow in your faith. You became a Christian, and now you will learn how to live like one.
The Bible says in II Corinthians 4:5-6:
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.”
Most Important Keys:
- Three things happened to you when you accepted Christ:
- Your old life passed away
- Your new life began
- You have a new purpose and plan for your life
- You aren’t just going to be different; you ARE different because Christ now lives in you. You need to begin to act, behave and live your life as if Jesus Christ was with you everywhere you go … because He is! Simple solution: Just ask yourself in every decision and choice: “What would I do, or say, or where would I go or NOT go if Jesus was with me right now?” Then follow your heart!
- Church Attendance is not an optional activity. It is critical to your survival as a young Christian. Find a good local church, Crossroads would love to be your Church Family; if not, we pray that God would lead you to a healthy church where you can grow in your faith. Don’t just attend a church, become the church
- Church is not an event or concert you attend to feel better about yourself. It’s a community of believers striving to share God’s love with the world. There are many areas to get involved. Plug into a group or a team and start serving others.
Please read the questions below, and take the time to write out your answers. Email me your responses and I will be glad to respond quickly. I want to help you and walk with you on this new journey you are embarking on.
- Look up the word “Holy” and write your best definition for that word.
- What does that word have to do with you and your daily life?
- What are some life changes you are feeling led to make since you made a decision to follow Christ?